Back in 1968, Ford took over production of the Shelby GT350 and GT500. The Shelby legacy carried on uninterrupted with amazing vehicles including this amazing ’68 Shelby GT500 Fastback. This one specifically, #1354, was memorable for many reasons including the car’s 428 CI Police Interceptor V-8, which was rated at 360HP.
The drivetrain on this ’68 is complete with a flawless “Select-O-Matic” 3-speed automatic tranny and heavy duty rear end. The warm Gold Metallic paint with white stripes make sthe car standout in any crowd and it features Cobra badges on the fenders and inside Mustangs interior, which also offers Deluxe Comfortweave bucket seats.
The Mustangs console features Stewart Warner instruments, padded dash, full gauges with 8,000 RPM tachometer and a roll bar with inertia-reel harnesses. If all that isn’t enough to knock your socks off, how about this almost 50 year old car only has 75,000 original miles on the odometer.
This amazingly detailed and heart stopping GT500 also features power steering and front disc brakes, Shelby 10-spoke wheels, Goodyear Polyglas tires and top it all off it comes with the late Carroll Shelby’s autograph on the inside of the center console cover, dated SAAC 17, Portland 1992.
- Shelby no. 1354
- Gold Metallic with White sill stripes
- Black Deluxe interior
- Console compartment signed by Carroll Shelby
- 428/360 HP Police Interceptor V-8
- Aluminum intake and Holley 4-barrel
- Cobra finned aluminum air cleaner and valve covers
- Select-O-Matic 3-speed automatic transmission
- Power steering and brakes
- Shelby 10-spoke aluminum wheels
- White letter Goodyear Polyglas tires
- Deluxe Comfortweave bucket seats with console
- Padded dash, Stewart Warner gauges
- Interior and exterior Cobra badges
- Full gauges with 8,000 RPM tachometer
- Roll bar with inertia-reel seatbelts
- 75,000 miles